Monday, March 23, 2009

Twittering

So with all the recent posts about twitter, I have one question--is it a one trick pony?

I have not yet checked out Twitter (I was literally on the other side of the world during spring break, jetlagged and sleepy all last week, and getting ready for this week's observation) which I know would help me. But seeing as I'm already on Facebook, would I really need to be on Twitter too? Aren't the status updates on FB what Twitter is really all about?

Would someone care to tweet and enlighten me?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yes, the update on Facebook is a lot like Twitter ... I'd say the main difference is that Twitter doesn't have all the "fluff." As of yet, it is just the tweets and not the "snowballs", "drinks", "gifts", etc. And, you can follow and be followed by people you don't know without actually opening up your whole life to them (as with FB). I don't twitter yet, either, but so many blogs I read talk about how they got their great content/idea from Twitter, I'm sure I'll eventually be on it. Regardless, I think we can apply the CONCEPT, if not this actual tool, to education -- concise thoughts, etc.

(This comment would certainly be too long for Twitter :)