Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring has sprung

I find myself having an increasingly harder time of remembering to blog lately. The weather may have something to do with that!

I was driving home from school last week and was listening to WCCO on my drive. At this point, I am much younger than their normal demographic, but sometimes I find it really comforting to listen to, as it reminds me of long family drives as a kid or eating pancakes in my grandmother's kitchen while we listened to the crop reports. But I digress. Don Shelby was interviewing Paul Douglas (former weatherman for WCCO) about a new technology venture he's been working on.

Apparently, Douglas not only has created a website that gives personalized weather forecasts, but has teamed up with Conservation Minnesota to produce a series of short videos with "an environmental spin." The site has information on current weather, weather forecasts, and how the environment and weather affect each other.

While this may not be helpful for all lesson plans, if someone wanted to do a lesson that needed information regarding the environment or just wanted to check Minnesota's ever-changing weather, it might be a good site to check out.

The interview article can be found at : http://wcco.com/specialreports/paul.douglas.venture.2.987003.html

And Paul Douglas' joint venture with Conservation Minnesota can be found at: http://www.conservationminnesota.org/

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very cool info -- thanks for sharing!