Monday, May 11, 2009

Screen toast

For my last big project in US history this year, I've created a research assignment where students choose a person that they believe have had the most positive impact on the Us and then create a blog about them. While introducing this project during my last observation, I showed students how to create google web addresses and how to set up their blogs on blogger.com throught the use of videos on screentoaster. It was so easy to make the videos! I found that the students really utilized them when I wasn't immediately available in the computer lab when they were doing their setup, and again when I was gone one day. It was huge!

I really liked how easy it was to create the movies and post them to my website. This summer I'll have to play around with it more!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yea! I'm so glad this has made things easier for you!

On a similar note, since you can't help everyone in the computer lab at once, remind them to use the Help section. I think this is an easy way to encourage "life-long learning" since they aren't always going to have someone to help them.

Keep us posted if you create more screencasts this summer. You may want to check out screencastle or screencast-o-matic ... though they are probably blocked at school.